Vitamin E causes bleeding in the brain?
BOSTON – New study conducted recently suggests that taking vitamin E can increase the risk of bleeding in the brain.
The review of recent researches conducted by scientists of one of the world’s most famous medical faculties Harvard in Boston, has shown that people who take vitamin E have 22% bigger chances for hemorrhagic stroke.
However, it also showed that vitamin E at the same time decreases the risk for ischemic stroke by 10%, which is the most common form of stroke.
The researchers have estimated that on every 1,000 people who are being treated with vitamin E comes 0.8% more hemorrhagic strokes and 2.1% fewer ischemic strokes.
They have examined data collected in nine different researches in which participated more than 118,000 people.
About 85% of strokes are ischemic and they occur as result of blockage of some of the brain arteries, while the remaining 15% goes on hemorrhagic strokes which occur as result of brain hemorrhage.