BELGRADE – Government of India has decided to provide the e-Tourist Visa (eTV) facility to the nationals of Republic of Serbia with immediate effect, i.e., from 26th February, 2016.
The eTV facility has been designed to simplify the visa process for short term visitors to India by saving their time spent in physically travelling to the Indian Embassy to obtain visa. eTV is very convenient as it allows the visa applicants to manage the entire visa process entirely in a virtual environment because the visa application and supporting documents are submitted online, the payment is made online and the decision on the application is communicated online.
The validity of eTV will be 30 days single entry from the date of arrival in India. This facility is available at sixteen major airports in India, namely, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi. While eTV is valid only for entry into India through the above-mentioned 16 designated Airports, exit can be made from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India. The facility of eTV is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year. eTV once issued on arrival is valid only single entry, non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas. eTV facility is in addition to the existing Visa services provided by the Indian Embassy.
The following Serbian nationals will be eligible for e-TV facility:
• Whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit. This does not apply to business visa, employment visa, conference visa, journalist visa, research visa, etc.
• Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
• Applicant should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
• Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
• Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
• Serbian nationals who hold diplomatic and official passports will continue to enjoy visa free entry into India
Applicants are required to log on to the website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html for accessing the prescribed online application. This site is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (Windows) version 9.0 and above. Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher is required in order to download and print the completed application form.
• Applicants are required to apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. For example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct.
• Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date, etc. should be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear or as per specifications.
• After filling details on https://indianvisaonline.gov.in, the applicant should click “Pay Now” for online payment. After successful completion of transaction, the applicant will be redirected on to the link https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/ with a successful receipt of payment.
• After completing the online procedure, the applicant should take a print out of the eTV generated and carry a copy of this along with him/her at the time of travel.
• Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
• Applicants should be careful while making payment of the eTV fee. If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), the application ID would be blocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling the application form again and regenerating a new application id.
• Before re-applying, the applicants are requested to wait for 4 hours after final submission of the application form and payment of the fee as updating of payment status may take up to 4 hours.
eTV fee applicable in case of Serbian nationals is US$48/- as compared to the visa fee of US$40/- charged by the Embassy for the standard tourist visa. Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged in addition to the eTV fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed.
• eTV fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of VISA.
• Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
• For any assistance call 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to [email protected]
Applicants are advised to refer to the official eTV website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html or call Indian Embassy, Belgrade at telephone number 00381-11-2667990 or email at [email protected] for further guidance.