BELGRADE – Commenting on the Pentagon’s claims that there is no reliable information to suggest that the two Serbian diplomats who died in Libya last week were killed by US bombs, Interior Minister Nebojsa Stefanovic said that Belgrade does not know what the stance is based on.

Photo: TANJUG
Photo: TANJUG

Based on autopsies conducted in Libya and Serbia, it was established unambiguously that the injuries that caused their deaths were a result of powerful blasts and bombs, he said.

“We are ready to hear if the Pentagon has any evidence of that, rather than just talk, and we will, of course, consider it but there is nothing but talk for now,” he told the RTS.

The AFP reported Wednesday that the Pentagon has denied the claims that Serbian embassy staffers Sladjana Stankovic and Jovica Stepic were killed in US air strikes on an ISIS facility in Libya.

They had been held hostage since November.