GRACANICA – The deputy head of the Serbian government Office for Kosovo-Metohija Dusan Kozarev has expressed confidence that the decisions in favour of Kosovo’s admission to European and world football’s governing bodies UEFA and FIFA will be annulled because the truth, justice and the law are on the side of the Football Association of Serbia (FSS).
He also said that he is optimistic about the matter since Kosovo has still not been granted a spot in the qualifications for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
UEFA on Wednesday postponed the decision on Kosovo’s participation in the qualifications, announcing that a special commission will be set up to deal with the issue.
In collaboration with renowned international law firms, the FSS is seeking to annul the decisions, Kozarev told reporters in Gracanica during FC Red Star Belgrade’s visit to the Kosovo-Metohija municipality on Thursday.
“The FSS has filed a lawsuit with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), 10 days have been requested to amend it and we will do that. We firmly believe in truth, justice and the law, which makes us optimistic about CAS annulling the decisions on the admission of Kosovo,” Kozarev said.
Kosovo was recently admitted to FIFA after also being voted into UEFA earlier on, in spite of the fact that the organisation’s statute does not allow non-UN countries to become members.