Djuric: No agreement on telecommunications with Pristina

PHOTO: TANJUG/ MARKO DJOKOVIC

BRUSSELS – The head of the Serbian government Office for Kosovo-Metohija, Marko Djuric, said Tuesday that, following 20 hours of talks, there had been no agreement with the Pristina side on all matters required to implement a deal on telecommunications.

“The number of points we disagree on has been reduced, but our side did not let the property of the Republic of Serbia and important principles that could be a precedent for future talks on this important matter come under threat,” Djuric told Tanjug.

The Serbian side insisted and remained consistent on protecting its interests and what has been agreed at prime minister level, Djuric said.

Once the agreement is implemented, this should enable our citizens in Kosovo-Metohija to make phone calls to other parts of Serbia from the same numbers without using a calling code and with the same charges, he said.

“I owe particular gratitude to the members of our delegation, especially the Telekom Srbija management, for spending with us long hours that were tense, unpleasant and difficult,” Djuric noted, adding that he expected the talks on the matter to be continued in the foreseeable future.

“I also thank EU officials who contributed to a part of the open issues being solved,” Djuric concluded.

LEAVE A REPLY