BELGRADE – The new Serbian government was elected in the parliament on Thursday after a proposal by Prime Minister designate Aleksandar Vucic was backed by 163 MPs.
Vucic’s new cabinet has 16 ministries and three ministers without portfolio.
Sixty-two MPs voted against and there were no abstentions, while 24 MPs were absent.
Congratulating the prime minister and the ministers, Parliament Speaker Maja Gojkovic announced that the swearing-in ceremony would take place at 7 pm.
The new government of Serbia is comprised of the following ministers:
– Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic
– First Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic
– Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Nebojsa Stefanovic
– Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic
– Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Rasim Ljajic
– Finance Minister Dusan Vujovic
– Minister of Economy Goran Knezevic
– Minister of Agriculture and Environmental Protection Branislav Nedimovic
– Minister of Energy and Mining Aleksandar Antic
– Justice Minister Nela Kuburovic
– Minister of Public Administration and Local Self-Government Ana Brnabic
– Defence Minister Zoran Djordjevic
– Minister of Education, Science and Technological Development Mladen Sarcevic
– Minister of Health Zlatibor Loncar
– Minister of Labour, Employment and Veteran and Social Affairs Aleksandar Vulin
– Minister of Youth and Sport Vanja Udovicic
– Minister of Culture and Information Vladan Vukosavljevic
– Ministers without portfolio Jadranka Joksimovic, Slavica Djukic Dejanovic and Milan Krkobabic.